"We Shall Overcome"
Twelve Important Steps To Keep You On Track For Your Healing
1. It is of utmost importance that you make God's Word the final authority in your life. You must become convinced in your heart, knowing clearly from the Scriptures, that healing is a purchased possession for you. Make up your mind that you will not settle for anything less than what He promised for your life through His Word. 1 Corinthians 2:12, Romans 4:20-22, Galatians 3:13
2. Receive your healing by faith in prayer before the Lord. Settle it before the Lord and write down the date when you received it by faith. This is very important. You need to know for certain when you received your healing. By doing so, it will aid in abolishing doubt, fear and unbelief. When the devil attempts to convince you that you are not going to get healed, just put a smile on your face and tell him he's too late, you've already received it by faith and then quote the date to him, then command him to leave! I suggest taking communion when you get ready to receive your healing, as the juice and the bread are symbolic elements of the covenant, His body broken and bruised for our healing and the blood shed for the forgiveness of our sin. You will note in 1 Corinthians 10:16 that Paul refers to communion as the cup of blessing! If you do a word search on the word "blessing" you will find that it means, empowered to succeed! Jesus' redemptive work on the cross purchased the blessing, the empowerment for success and victory for you to experience and enjoy in the here and now!
3. Read through all of the Healing Scriptures on our site and print out (copy/paste) certain selected scriptures that you feel the Holy Spirit has specifically pointed out for you to stand on and claim as your inheritance - commit some to memory as they are your ammunition scriptures to speak out when doubt says otherwise. Hebrews 4:12, Ephesians 6:17, Hebrews 11:1
4. Daily, read out loud the healing scriptures, inserting your name in them where applicable, making them personal to you. Meditate, ponder, and chew on the truth of these Scriptures. Remember the Word of God is His personal love letter to you. Do this three times a day until your faith is built up for healing, then once a day to maintain your faith. Romans 10:17 says that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Build your faith and your doubts will starve to death!
5. Review and claim your Scriptures every time doubt comes to your mind and speak out faith declarations of what the Word says about you and your healing! Do the reverse of Mark 4:15 and steal the devils word immediately and replace it with the Word of God, your precious promises - 2 Peter 1:1-4. Remember the devil is after your faith and he wants you to believe in his ability to defeat the Word of God in your life. Don't fall for that lie! The minute you begin to sense discouragement, catch yourself, recognize what's going on, and immediately speak out the truth of God's Word. Example: "Discouragement you are a lie - because I am a child of God, He loves me, I am the object of His affection. The Bible says no weapon formed against me will prosper. My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. Through Jesus I am an overcomer. Health and healing is in me now and is at work bringing forth the action of the Word of Life - the Word of God. I am free from degeneration; I am under the law of regeneration in Christ Jesus!"
6. Speak blessings over your body, and speak in line with the Word of God regarding your situation - don't focus on and speak the problem - focus on and speak the answer. Your words are powerful - see Mark 11:23-24. We do not deny that sickness or disease is present, however we deny it the right to stay! Example: "Sickness/disease, you have no right to stay in my body, 1 Peter 2:24 tells me that by the stripes laid upon Jesus, I was (past tense) healed. I agree with the Word and call my body healed in Jesus Name. I command you to go, you have no place here. Body, I call you blessed in Jesus Name. I call you strong, vibrant and healthy - permeated with and full of the life of God."
7. Make praise and worship an everyday part of your life - rejoicing at the promises and for your life in Christ. He truly deserves our adoration, for He is our everything, and He has given us the victory! 1 Corinthians 15:57, 1 John 5:4. Praise and worship will help you to be victory minded. See our page entitled The Precious Power Of Praise . "The Lord is enthroned amongst the praises of His people" - Psalm 22:3
8. Learn to use the authority, which has been given to you by the Lord, to not only come against the sickness/disease, but to also run off any doubt and oppression that may be harassing you. Lay your hands on yourself and command the sickness to leave, command your body to line up with the Word of God. Tell doubt and unbelief and mental questioning to go in the Name of Jesus! Say, "I am a believer and not a doubter!!! I am a person of faith, I believe the Word." Luke 10:19, Isaiah 54:17, Mark 11:23
9. This is very important!!! Take time each day to get quiet and listen to the Lord - let Him minister to you and encourage you - He is The Comforter! A good time to do this is right after you've spent a little time in personal praise and worship - Psalm 100:4. We need to learn to recognize His voice. He will also illuminate the Scriptures to you and get you back on track if you need it. It is also a wonderful place to receive direction from Him. You need to develop your relationship with Him in this vital way. Christianity is not mere religion, but the right to personal, intimate fellowship with Him. John 16:13, Matthew 4:4
10. Check yourself out before the Lord for any unforgiveness or any "open doors" you may have to the enemy - repent and make changes as quickly as possible. Don't forget about your provision in 1 John 1:9: "that if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Remember sin will block the blessings of God. So get rid of all of the blessing blockers!
11. Continue in your normal daily devotions and Bible reading, learning, growing and maturing irrespective of your situation. Proverbs 4:20-22, Joshua 1:8. Take a look at our Scripture Reading Plan it is by far the best I have found. Also, begin to Journal the little gems of truth the Lord reveals to you in your daily devotions. They will serve as an anchor to your soul as you refer back to them when the going gets tough.
12. Finally - Stand, and keep on standing! Dig your feet in and refuse to be moved from the truth of God's Word. Ephesians 6:10-18. Don't waiver because as it says in James 1:6-7, that person will not receive from God. Never let go of the promise. Know the difference between a miracle and a healing. Miracles are instant, and healings are progressive. Important - read Mark 4:26-29, this describes the law of progression that is the norm for the Kingdom of God.
Be careful not to put your healing in first place, we do not want it to become an idol. Keep the Lord and your relationship with Him and your love for Him in first place.
"And let us not grow weary while doing
good (doing the Word), for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose
Proceed to our handbook for healing entitled - Scriptural Foundation For Healing This is important information the Lord revealed to me when I was in need of healing.
All Rights Reserved (c)
Dan Downey 2000